Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Walking Lady breezed right by me for three days straight and never said hello, so I figured she “wanted to be alone.” As I approached People’s Park today I saw her up ahead surrounded by pigeons, so I held back, not wanting to invade her space. When she took off I proceeded to the park and fed the pigeons, and I thought, “Maybe she thinks I’m trying to take her pigeons away from her.” When I left the park I saw her coming toward me, headed back in the other direction, and I prepared to be ignored. But, surprise, she said good morning as she cruised past me with those long loping strides of hers. It’s not that I have a crush on the Walking Lady or anything like that. It’s just that we both seem to be “Johnny Appleseed” types, and that resonates big time with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home